Total Pageviews

Saturday 25 February 2017

duke 690

Spent most of the winter pondering how to set up the Duke for a reverse, or race shift pattern.  After staring at 100s of pictures of Ducati shift and brake parts, I pulled the trigger on what I thought would work.
This was listed as a rear brake lever from an ST3 or similar.  The key thing was I needed the mount for the brake rod to be below the main pivot point.

The length of the shift lever itself is good.  I can adjust the pegs fore or aft if need be.

Bottom view -- I will safety-wire everything when I test it out in the spring.
What I had previously -- a shift lever from a monster -- worked perfectly and cheaper to replace than the beautiful machined one that came with the rearsets.











This was the original aftermarket shift lever that came with the MG Biketec rearsets.

No comments:

Post a Comment